Last Updated: January 2024
What We Collect and Why
We collect various types of personal information about you, depending on how you interact with the Sites. We will not sell your personal information.
If you access the Sites, we may collect:
- Information about the functionality of the Sites and your preferences, demographics and history on the Sites, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, location, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, account information, pages visited, page response times, download errors, the length of your visit, and what you click on through log files, cookies, beacons and other automated technology. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track users’ movement around the site, optimize your experience based on your preferences, and help us improve the Sites and the Content.
- Your name, email address, website, and social media account if you submit this information to us, including by email, contact form, submitting an affiliate application, or by signing up for access to additional resources or promotional emails. We will use this information for the purpose you submitted it, such as responding to your inquiry or provided you with requested information, and to send you additional materials and promotions that may interest you;
- Third party advertising companies collect information about your visit and basic demographic information through pixel tags, web beacons and cookies to help us serve targeted advertisements to you and other customers across the internet and evaluate the effectiveness of their advertising campaigns.
How We Use Your Information
In addition to the purposes described above, we may use your information:
- To operate, improve, and analyze information about the Sites;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including these Terms of Service and for billing and collections;
- To comply with our legal obligations, such as tax reporting;
- To notify you about changes to our Sites or Courses;
- To keep the Sites secure;
- To improve our Content, marketing, or customer service;
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Who We Share Your Information With
We may disclose information that we collect from you:
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties that support our business (such as hosting companies, accountants, payment processors, analytics providers, and email providers);
- To third-party advertisers, to personalize ads that are displayed on the Sites or that are served to you and other customers on the internet;
- To law enforcement or governmental agencies, to comply with any court order, law, or governmental request or if we believe it is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, or others; and
- As otherwise permitted by applicable laws or with your consent.
When we disclose your personal information to third-parties or service providers in foreign countries (including the United States), it may be processed, stored, or transferred outside of Canada, and different privacy laws may apply. By submitting your personal information to us, you consent to this transfer, storage, and processing.
How to Manage Your Personal Information
Automated Data Collection
If you no longer wish to receive our emails, you can withdraw your consent by clicking the unsubscribe link included in the email.
Access and Correction
You may access the personal information we maintain about you and correct it if it is inaccurate, subject to applicable law. To review, verify, or correct your personal information, please contact [email protected].
Deletion and Withdrawal of Consent
You may withdraw your consent to our collection and use of your personal information or request that we delete your personal information. If you do this, we may not be able to provide you with certain Content, including Courses that you have signed up for. To withdraw your consent or request deletion of your personal information, please contact our [email protected].
Notification of Breach
If your information is compromised and it creates a real risk of significant harm, we will notify you in accordance with applicable law, and take all reasonable steps to minimize the impact of the breach.
We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Although we do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of information online is not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information when you submit it through the Sites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Unless otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including to satisfy any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
The Sites are not intended for children, but parents and legal guardians may access the Sites and purchase the Courses for the benefit of their children.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that we have collected or used personal information about your child without your consent, please contact us immediately at [email protected] and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records and/or the Sites.